Kevin E. Thorn
Managing Partner - International Tax Attorney
Kevin E. Thorn founded his own tax litigation firm in order to exclusively deliver to clients his specialized knowledge of tax law and considerable experience in resolving both national and international tax issues. Mr. Thorn uses the knowledge and experience he developed over several years working within the government and at nationally-renowned law and accounting firms to provide the best guidance and representation available to his clients.
Kevin Thorn’s expertise is well sought after in all stages of civil and criminal tax controversies including, international tax law, offshore bank accounts and disclosures, civil examinations, criminal investigations, IRS administrative appeals, collection alternatives, ethics investigations, and other types of complex civil litigation.
Mr. Thorn has advocated on behalf of his clients before the Internal Revenue Service, the Department of Justice, the United States Tax Court, the Internal Revenue Service’s Office of Professional Responsibility, the Internal Revenue Service’s Whistleblower Office, and other state taxing authorities.With an office strategically located in Washington, D.C. , the center for all federal government, tax-related agencies and federal courts, Mr. Thorn capitalizes on this accessibility and close proximity to the headquarters of the the Internal Revenue Service, Department of Justice, United States Tax Court, IRS Whistleblower Office, the IRS’s Office of Professional Responsibility to effectively advocate the most advantageous resolution of his clients’ tax and litigation issues.
Mr. Thorn’s broad range of clients includes individuals, tax professionals, partnerships, trusts, banks, closely-held businesses, accounting firms, law firms, and corporations in both national and international litigation matters.
- American Bar Association : Member & Active Contributor
- ABA Section of Taxation’s Civil & Criminal Tax Penalties Committee: Member & Contributor
- Civil & Criminal Tax Penalties Task Force: Chairman
- Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Task Force: Sub Chairperson
- J. Edgar Murdoch Inn of Court (U.S. Tax Court)
- Partner and the Chair of the Tax Controversy Practice of a major Southeastern law firm
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Laurence J. Whalen of the United States Tax Court
- IRS’s Office of Professional Responsibility: Senior Attorney
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP : Tax Consultant
- LL.M., Boston University School of Law
- J.D., Nova Southeastern University School of Law
- B.A., State University of New York
- District of Columbia
Contact us call 202-349-4033 to schedule your FREE half hour consult with an Experienced Tax Attorney!