WASHINGTON, DC TAX ATTORNEYS
THORN LAW GROUP ASSOCIATES
Ms. Sorenson is an Associate with the Thorn Law Group. Her practice includes both civil and criminal tax matters, including offshore disclosures, professional responsibility under Circular 230, FATCA, and international tax compliance.
Ms. Sorenson represents both corporate and individual clients before the IRS and its Office Professional Responsibility, the IRS Office of Appeals, and the Department of Justice. She assists clients with disclosures and compliance regarding offshore accounts and entities to minimize civil and criminal exposure.
Prior to joining the Thorn Law Group, Ms. Sorenson spent time with federal agencies, including the IRS’s Taxpayer Advocate Service. She is a member of the Maryland Bar, has pending D.C. Bar admission, and belongs to both the American Bar Association and the Maryland State Bar Association.
- IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS), Legal Intern, 2011
- U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM), Office of General Counsel, Legal Intern, 2010
Admitted to Practice:
- DC (Pending)
- George Washington University Law School, J.D. 2012
- University of Maryland, Bachelor of Arts in Spanish, 2008
University of Maryland, Bachelor of Arts in Italian, 2008
- Criminal Tax Law
- International Tax Law
- IRS Voluntary Disclosures
- Offshore Bank Accounts
- Offshore Disclosures
- Professional Responsibility for Tax Practitioners
- Whistleblower Claims